What we stand for
Luzi Fragrance Compounds
Our Milestones to Success
Celebrating 90 Years LUZI
In 1926, Hermann Luzi laid the cornerstone for the current success of LUZI fragrance compounds. Even back then, creativity and innovation were the focus of our work. Today, market proximity and internationality are part of our success.
Hermann Luzi founds a business for “commercial trade in perfume compounds, essential oils and non-toxic colours” that is to become the cornerstone for the company's long-standing success story.
Eduard Altenburger takes over the entire share capital of LUZI AG. Even during the Second World War, the amateur perfumer from Zurich was already supporting the business by using his own fragrance compounds to replace deliveries suspended from German suppliers. This was the cornerstone for the company's successful post-war development.
The company relocates to a new production site and office headquarters in Dietlikon, close to Zurich Airport.
Following success in Europe and the Middle East, LUZI fragrance compounds expands into new markets in Latin America and the Far East.
Handover to Rolf Altenburger
Eduard Altenburger transfers day-to-day management to his son, Dr Rolf Altenburger.
Beginning of Modernisation
On-going expansion of the production building to meet the growing demand and providing of capacities through new, efficient dosing systems and filling plants.
Dr Rolf Altenburger hands over the day-to-day running of the company to a new team of executives and becomes the new President of the Board.
The quality of the processes in product development, manufacture and sales earns the company an ISO 9001 certificate.
Extension of storage warehouse facility and operation of the high-rack warehouse.
LUZI fragrance compounds celebrates its 85th anniversary with a new corporate design.
Luzi Dominican Republic
Opening of LUZI fragrance compounds in the Domenican Republic, the first office located abroad.
Opening of LUZI fragrance compounds office in Germany, Hamburg.
To be continued